Click here to view the Cigna Medical Policy Updates » September 2022 Cigna Medical Policy…
October 2018 Medical Policy Updates:
- Aqueous Shunts, Microstents, Viscocanalostomy, and Canaloplasty for the Treatment of Glaucoma
- Botulinum Toxin Agents
- Compression Garments
- Cosmetic Procedures
- Cryosurgical Ablation of the Prostate Gland
- Electrical Bone Growth Stimulation and Low-Intensity Ultrasound Accelerated Fracture Healing System
- Enzyme Replacement for the Treatment of Gaucher’s Disease
- Full-Body Computerized Tomography (CT) Scan Screening
- High-Frequency Chest Wall Oscillation Devices
- High-Technology Radiology Services (Independence)
- Histone Deacetylase Inhibitors for Peripheral T-cell Lymphoma (e.g., Istodax®, Beleodaq®)
- Injectable Dermal Fillers
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)-Guided Focused Ultrasound Ablation
- Manual Wheelchairs
- Mohs’ Micrographic Surgery
- Osteochondral Allograft Transplantati
- Osteochondral Autograft Transplantation (OAT) Procedure
- Programmed Death Receptor-1 (PD-1) Antagonists (e.g., Keytruda®, Opdivo®) and Programmed Death-Ligand 1 (PD-L1) Antagonists (e.g., Tecentriq®, Bavencio®, Imfinzi™)
- Reimbursement for Associated Services Performed in Conjunction with Dental Care
- Reporting Requirements for Drugs and Biologics
- Septoplasty, Rhinoplasty, and Septorhinoplasty
- Stem-Cell Therapy for Orthopedic Applications and Autologous Platelet-Derived Growth Factors (PDGFs)/Platelet-Rich Plasmas (PRPs) for Acute or Chronic Wound Healing and Other Miscellaneous Conditions
- Surgical Treatment of Femoroacetabular Impingement
- Therapeutic Shoes and Orthopedic Shoes
- Wheelchair Cushions and Seating
- Wheelchair Options and Accessories
Policy Alerts monitors Commercial and Medicare medical policies for changes. While medical Insurance carriers typically update medical policies annually, there are many reasons why they might review or update a policy. When reviews occur out of cycle they often go unnoticed. Policy Alerts keeps you updated when Payers make coverage changes to medical policies affecting your business.
Policy Alerts continuously monitors Commercial and Medicare Payer coverage information to keep you up-to-date on medical Insurance decisions in real-time. When changes occur, instant email alerts are delivered to your inbox. Clients have access to detailed coverage reports and medical policies through the interactive Policy Alerts Dashboard portal. Save time each month and keep focused on important Payer medical policy reviews and coverage decisions affecting your business!
Policy Alerts takes a client-focused hands-on approach and is constantly working to provide our customers with helpful insights and actionable analytics. We understand what our clients need and are dedicated to providing timely, accurate, and always up-to-date reports.
Health economic and reimbursement information provided by Policy Alerts is gathered from third-party sources and is subject to change without notice as a result of complex and frequently changing laws, regulations, rules and policies. All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them. This information is presented for illustrative purposes only and does not constitute reimbursement or legal advice.