Click here to view the Aetna Medical Policy Updates » July 2022 Aetna Medical Policy…
These are the most recent policy updates.
- Androgens and Anabolic Steroids
- ACA Prevention Copay Waiver Criteria – Individual Marketplace, Commercial
- Cardiac Rehabilitation in the Outpatient Setting
- Drug Testing in Pain Management and Substance Abuse Treatment
- Electrical Stimulation Devices for Home Use
- Electrical Stimulation of the Spine as an Adjunct to Spinal Fusion Procedures
- Electromyography (EMG), Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS), and Other Electrodiagnostic (EDX) Related Services
- Fundus Photography
- General Approach to Evaluating the Utility of Genetic Panels
- Hepatitis C First Generation Agents – Through Preferred Agent
- Homocysteine Testing
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)
- Identification of Microorganisms Using Nucleic Acid Testing
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (Esbriet®/pirfenidone, Ofev®/nintedanib)
- Insulin Pump
- Intravenous and Subcutaneous Immune Globulin Therapy
- Lumbar Spinal Fusion
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) of the Breast
- Molecular Analysis for Targeted Therapy of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Molecular Markers in Fine Needle Aspirates of the Thyroid
- Monitored Anesthesia Care
- Noninvasive Prenatal Screening for Fetal Aneuploidies and Microdeletions Using Cell-Free Fetal DNA
- Otezla (apremilast)
- Outpatient Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Percutaneous Left Atrial Appendage Closure Devices for Stroke Prevention in Atrial Fibrillation
- Periodontal Soft Tissue Grafting (Availity login required)
- Photodynamic Therapy for Choroidal Neovascularization
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scanning: Cardiac Applications
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scanning: Oncologic Applications
- Scanning Computerized Ophthalmic Diagnostic Imaging Devices
- Self Administered Oncology Agents
- Surgical Treatment of Gynecomastia
- Total Artificial Hearts and Ventricular Assist Devices
- Wearable Cardioverter Defibrillators
Policy Alerts monitors Commercial and Medicare medical policies for changes. While Payers typically update medical policies annually, there are many reasons why a Payer might review or update a policy. When reviews occur out of cycle, they may go unnoticed. Policy Alerts keeps you informed of upcoming and unexpected coverage changes affecting your product. Quickly understanding the changes Payers make can help you adjust reimbursement strategies impacting your business.
Policy Alerts continuously monitors Commercial and Medicare Payer coverage information to keep you up-to-date on Payer decisions in real-time. Whenever changes occur, email notifications containing a summary of those changes are delivered to your inbox. Clients can access detailed coverage reports and medical policies on the interactive Dashboard portal. Save time and keep focused on the important Payer medical policy reviews and coverage decisions affecting your product!
Policy Alerts takes a client-focused hands-on approach and works hard to provide our customers with helpful insights and actionable analytics over raw data. We understand what our clients need and we are dedicated to making sure we provide timely, accurate and always up-to-date reports that can be used to implement and support a successful reimbursement strategy.
Health economic and reimbursement information provided by Policy Alerts is gathered from third-party sources and is subject to change without notice as a result of complex and frequently changing laws, regulations, rules and policies. This information is presented for illustrative purposes only and does not constitute reimbursement or legal advice.