Click here to view the Cigna Medical Policy Updates » September 2022 Cigna Medical Policy…
November 2017 Medical Policy updates:
- Group Therapy for Mental Health (PDF) Policy 3.01.08 (posted 11/14/17)
- Phototherapy/Light Therapy for Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) (PDF) Policy 1.01.24 (posted 11/14/17)
- Sex Offender Treatment Program (PDF) Policy 3.01.17 (posted 11/14/17)
- Continuous Passive Motion Device (CPM) in the Home Setting (PDF) Policy 1.01.02 (posted 11/14/17)
- Intraocular Lens (IOL) Implants (e.g., Accommodating, Aspheric, Crystalens, Dynamic, Monofocal, Multifocal, Pseudoaccommodating) (PDF) Policy 9.01.14 (posted 11/14/17)
- Refractive Procedures (e.g., Artisan, Astigmatic Keratotomy, Clear Lens Extraction, Photorefractive Keratectomy – PRK, INTACS – Corneal Ring Segments, Intracorneal Inlay, Laser-Assisted Subepithelial Keratomileusis – LASIK, Phakic Intraocular Lens) (PDF) Policy 9.01.08 (posted 11/14/17)
- Home Automatic External Defibrilator (AEDs) and Wearable Defibrillator Vests (WCDs): HeartStart, LIFECOR (PDF) Policy 1.01.42 (posted 11/14/17)
- Interfacility (Hospital-to-Hospital, Inpatient, Interhospital) Transfer of a Registered Inpatient (PDF) Policy 11.01.18 (posted 11/14/17)
- Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART) for Infertility: COMET Assay, Hylaluronan Binding Assay (HBA), Microsurgical Testicular Sperm Extraction (MicroTESE), Sperm DNA Integrity, Sperm Chromatin Structure Assay (SCSA®), Sperm DNA Fragmentation Assay (SDFA™), TUNEL Assay, Artificial or Intrauterine Insemination (AI, IUI), Microsurgical Epididymal Sperm Aspiration (MESA), Testicular Sperm Extraction (TESE), Direct Intra-Peritoneal Insemination (DIPI), Gamete Intrafallopian Transfer (GIFT), Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI), In-vitro Fertilization (IVF), Zygote Intrafallopian Transfer (ZIFT) (PDF) Policy 4.01.05 (posted 11/14/17)
- Home Birth by Certified Nurse Midwives (PDF) Policy 11.01.23 (posted 11/14/17)
Policy Alerts monitors Commercial and Medicare medical policies for changes. While Payers typically update medical policies annually, there are many reasons why a Payer might review or update a policy. When reviews occur out of cycle, they may go unnoticed. Policy Alerts keeps you informed of upcoming and unexpected coverage changes affecting your product. Quickly understanding the changes Payers make can help you adjust reimbursement strategies impacting your business.
Policy Alerts continuously monitors Commercial and Medicare Payer coverage information to keep you up-to-date on Payer decisions in real-time. Whenever changes occur, email notifications containing a summary of those changes are delivered to your inbox. Clients can access detailed coverage reports and medical policies on the interactive Dashboard portal. Save time and keep focused on the important Payer medical policy reviews and coverage decisions affecting your product!
Policy Alerts takes a client-focused hands-on approach and works hard to provide our customers with helpful insights and actionable analytics over raw data. We understand what our clients need and we are dedicated to making sure we provide timely, accurate and always up-to-date reports that can be used to implement and support a successful reimbursement strategy.
Health economic and reimbursement information provided by Policy Alerts is gathered from third-party sources and is subject to change without notice as a result of complex and frequently changing laws, regulations, rules and policies. This information is presented for illustrative purposes only and does not constitute reimbursement or legal advice.