May 2019 BCBS Wellmark Medical Policy Updates:
- Ambulatory Cardiac Event Monitoring and Real-Time Outpatient Cardiac Telemetry
- Bio-Engineered Skin and Soft Tissue Substitutes
- Cardiovascular Disease Risk Tests
- Cellular Immunotherapy for Prostate Cancer – Provenge (Sipuleucel-T)
- Computer-aided Detection (CAD)/Computer Aided Evaluation (CAE) of Malignancy with Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) of the Breast
- Cooling Devices
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation (Bone Marrow Transplant) Autologous and Allogeneic*
- Home Sleep Studies – Pediatric
- Implantable Hypoglossal Nerve Stimulation for the Treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- KRAS/NRAS and BRAF Mutation Analysis
- Low Frequency, Non-Contact Ultrasound for Wounds
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) for Surveillance of Oncologic Indications*
- Pulsed Radiofrequency
- Quantitative Sensory Testing
- Sensory Integration Therapy and Auditory Integration Therapy
- Treatment of Speech and Language Disorders*
- Urinary Incontinence/ Voiding Dysfunction Treatments and Devices
- Use of Fractional CO2 Laser Therapy (MonaLisa Touch), Radiofrequency Technology and ER YAG Laser Therapy for Vaginal Rejuvenation and Vaginal Tightening
- Vision Therapy – Orthoptic Training for the Treatment of Convergence Insufficiency
- Whole Body Dual X-Ray Absorptiometry (DXA) and Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA) to Determine Body Composition
- Whole Exome and Whole Genome Sequencing for Diagnosis of Genetic Disorders
Policy Alerts monitors Commercial and Medicare medical policies for changes. While medical Insurance carriers typically update medical policies annually, there are many reasons why they might review or update a policy. When reviews occur out of cycle they often go unnoticed. Policy Alerts keeps you updated when Payers make coverage changes to medical policies affecting your business.
Policy Alerts continuously monitors Commercial and Medicare Payer coverage information to keep you up-to-date on medical Insurance decisions in real-time. When changes occur, instant email alerts are delivered to your inbox. Clients have access to detailed coverage reports and medical policies through the interactive Policy Alerts Dashboard portal. Save time each month and keep focused on important Payer medical policy reviews and coverage decisions affecting your business!
Policy Alerts takes a client-focused hands-on approach and is constantly working to provide our customers with helpful insights and actionable analytics. We understand what our clients need and are dedicated to providing timely, accurate, and always up-to-date reports.
Health economic and reimbursement information provided by Policy Alerts is gathered from third-party sources and is subject to change without notice as a result of complex and frequently changing laws, regulations, rules and policies. All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them. This information is presented for illustrative purposes only and does not constitute reimbursement or legal advice.