Click here to view the Anthem BCBS Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical Policy Updates »…
December 2022 BCBS Kansas Medical Policy Updates:
- ACA Prevention Copay Waiver Criteria – Individual Marketplace, Commercial
- Analysis of Human DNA in Stool Samples as a Technique for Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Bone Mineral Density Studies
- Botulinum Toxin (BT)
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Sacroiliac Joint Pain
- Drug Testing in Pain Management and Substance Use Disorder Treatment
- Endoscopic Radiofrequency Ablation or Cryoablation for Barrett Esophagus
- Esketamine Nasal Spray for Depression
- Esophageal pH Monitoring
- Facet Joint Denervation
- Gene Expression Profiling and Protein Biomarkers for Prostate Cancer Management
- Genetic and Protein Biomarkers for the Diagnosis and Cancer Risk Assessment of Prostate Cancer
- Germline Genetic Testing for Hereditary Breast/Ovarian Cancer Syndrome and Other High-Risk Cancers (BRCA1, BRCA2, PALB2)
- Intravenous Anesthetics for the Treatment of Chronic Pain and Psychiatric Disorders
- Laboratory Tests Post Transplant and for Heart Failure
- Measurement of Serum Antibodies to Selected Biologic Agents
- Monitored Anesthesia Care
- Noninvasive Techniques for the Evaluation and Monitoring of Patients with Chronic Liver Disease
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scanning: In Oncology to Detect Early Response During Treatment
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scanning: Miscellaneous (Non-cardiac, Non-Oncologic) Applications of Fluorine 18 Fluorodeoxyglucose
- Proteomic Testing for Systemic Therapy in Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer
- Skysona (elivaldogene autotemcel)
- Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block for Headache
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) as a Treatment of Depression and Other Psychiatric/Neurologic Disorders
- Zynteglo (betibeglogene autotemcel)
Policy Alerts monitors Commercial and Medicare medical policies for changes. While medical Insurance carriers typically update medical policies annually, there are many reasons why they might review or update a policy. When reviews occur out of cycle they often go unnoticed. Policy Alerts keeps you updated when Payers make coverage changes to medical policies affecting your business.
Policy Alerts continuously monitors Commercial and Medicare Payer coverage information to keep you up-to-date on medical Insurance decisions in real-time. When changes occur, instant email alerts are delivered to your inbox. Clients have access to detailed coverage reports and medical policies through the interactive Policy Alerts Dashboard portal. Save time each month and keep focused on important Payer medical policy reviews and coverage decisions affecting your business!
Policy Alerts takes a client-focused hands-on approach and is constantly working to provide our customers with helpful insights and actionable analytics. We understand what our clients need and are dedicated to providing timely, accurate, and always up-to-date reports.
Health economic and reimbursement information provided by Policy Alerts is gathered from third-party sources and is subject to change without notice as a result of complex and frequently changing laws, regulations, rules and policies. All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them. This information is presented for illustrative purposes only and does not constitute reimbursement or legal advice.