Click here to view the Humana Medical Policy Updates Updates » April 2020 Humana Medical…
June 2018 Medical Policy updates:
- Monitored Anesthesia Care (MAC)
- Percutaneous Vertebroplasty, Kyphoplasty, Mechanical Vertebral Augmentation (e.g., Kyphon Inflatable Bone Tamp)
- Hyperthermia as a Cancer Treatment: Extracorporeal Whole Body, Intraperitoneal, Local, Regional, Whole Body
- Colorectal Cancer Screening, Cologuard, CT Colonography, FIT, gFOBT, virtual colonoscopy, fecal DNA, fecal occult blood test
- Transendoscopic Therapies for Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD): ELF, EndoCinch, Endoluminal Fundoplication, Endoluminal Gastroplication, Enteryx, EsophyX, Gatekeeper, Plexiglas Microspheres, NDO Plicator System, Radiofrequency Esophageal Treatment, Stretta)
- Ketamine Infusion Therapy for the Treatment of Chronic Pain Syndromes
- Sinus Ostial Dilation for Treatment of Chronic Sinusitis (e.g., Balloon Sinuplasty), catheter sinusotomy
- Cochlear Implants and Auditory Brainstem Implants: Advanced Bionics® HiResolution Bionic Ear System (HiRes 90k), Cochlear® Nucleus 5, Med El® Maestro (Sonata or Pulsar), Nucleus 24® Auditory Brainstem Implant System, Nucleus® Hybrid™ L24 Cochlear Implant
- Implantable Bone Conduction Hearing Aids, Bone Anchored Hearing Aid (BAHA®), OBC bone anchored hearing aid system, Ponto Pro
- Intrastromal Corneal Ring Segments (ICRS) for Keratoconus (e.g., INTACS)
- Genotyping – RAS Mutation Analysis in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer, BRAF, KRAS, NRAS, PIK3CA status, PTEN expression
- Whole Exome and Whole Genome Sequencing for the Diagnosis of Genetic Disorders
- Endovascular Repair (Coil Embolization) of Intracranial Aneurysms – Enterprise Stent, Guglielmi Coil, Neuroform Stent, Pipeline Embolization Device (PEI), Transcatheter Intracranial Embolization
- Non-Invasive Helicobacter Pylori (H Pylori) Testing: HpSA, Urea Breath Test
- Bioimpedance Devices for Detection and Managment of Lymphedema, bioelectrical impedance spectroscopy
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): Systemic or Topical, Topical Oxygen Wound Therapy (TOWT)
- Bulking Agents for Treatment of Urinary or Fecal Incontinence (Bovine Collagen, Carbon Coated Beads, Coaptite®, Contigen®, Durasphere, GAX, Macroplastique®, Microballoons, Solesta, Teflon® Injections, Uryx®)
- Immunizations/Vaccines (e.g., Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Human Papillomavirus [HPV, Cervarix, Gardasil], Meningococcal, Pneumococcal [Pneumovax 23, Prevnar], Rotavirus [Rotarix], Varicella [Varivax], Varicella Zoster [Zostavax])
Policy Alerts monitors Commercial and Medicare medical policies for changes. While medical Insurance carriers typically update medical policies annually, there are many reasons why they might review or update a policy. When reviews occur out of cycle they often go unnoticed. Policy Alerts keeps you updated when Payers make coverage changes to medical policies affecting your business.
Policy Alerts continuously monitors Commercial and Medicare Payer coverage information to keep you up-to-date on medical Insurance decisions in real-time. When changes occur, instant email alerts are delivered to your inbox. Clients have access to detailed coverage reports and medical policies through the interactive Policy Alerts Dashboard portal. Save time each month and keep focused on important Payer medical policy reviews and coverage decisions affecting your business!
Policy Alerts takes a client-focused hands-on approach and is constantly working to provide our customers with helpful insights and actionable analytics. We understand what our clients need and are dedicated to providing timely, accurate, and always up-to-date reports.
Health economic and reimbursement information provided by Policy Alerts is gathered from third-party sources and is subject to change without notice as a result of complex and frequently changing laws, regulations, rules and policies. All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them. This information is presented for illustrative purposes only and does not constitute reimbursement or legal advice.