Click here to view the Aetna Medical Policy Updates » December 2023 Aetna Medical Policy…
December 2022 BCBS Excellus Medical Policy updates:
- Abilify Mycite
- Aduhelm (aducanumab-avwa)
- ARB Step
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Policy
- Bronchial Thermoplasty
- Circulating Tumor DNA for Management of Cancer (Liquid Biopsy)
- Clinical Review Prior Authorizations (CRPA) Rx
- Fecal Bacteriotherapy
- Hemlibra (emicizumab-kxwh)
- Inborn Errors of Metabolism (IEM) and Rare Genetic Diseases
- Infertility Medications
- Molecular Testing of Tumor Tissue to Identify Targeted Therapies for Cancers
- Non-Formulary Medication Exception Review Policy
- Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- Oncology Clinical Review Prior Authorization (Oncology-CRPA) Medical Drugs
- Oncology Clinical Review Prior Authorization (Oncology-CRPA) Rx Drugs
- Opioid Management Health and Safety Program
- Quantity Limit Policy
- Rare Diseases Clinical Review Prior Authorization (CRPA)
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) – Evrysdi (risdiplam), Spinraza (nusinersen), Zolgensma (onasemnogene abeparovec-xioi)
- Stelara (Ustekinumab) – for Crohn’s Disease, Plaque Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis
- Step Therapy Policy
- Synagis® (Palivizumab): Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) Prophylaxis
- Tezspire™ (tezepelumab-ekko subcutaneous injection)
- Viscosupplementation with Hyaluronic Acid
- Xolair® (Omalizumab)
- Zulresso ® (brexanolone injection) – for Postpartum Depression
Policy Alerts monitors Commercial and Medicare medical policies for changes. While medical Insurance carriers typically update medical policies annually, there are many reasons why they might review or update a policy. When reviews occur out of cycle they often go unnoticed. Policy Alerts keeps you updated when Payers make coverage changes to medical policies affecting your business.
Policy Alerts continuously monitors Commercial and Medicare Payer coverage information to keep you up-to-date on medical Insurance decisions in real-time. When changes occur, instant email alerts are delivered to your inbox. Clients have access to detailed coverage reports and medical policies through the interactive Policy Alerts Dashboard portal. Save time each month and keep focused on important Payer medical policy reviews and coverage decisions affecting your business!
Policy Alerts takes a client-focused hands-on approach and is constantly working to provide our customers with helpful insights and actionable analytics. We understand what our clients need and are dedicated to providing timely, accurate, and always up-to-date reports.
Health economic and reimbursement information provided by Policy Alerts is gathered from third-party sources and is subject to change without notice as a result of complex and frequently changing laws, regulations, rules and policies. All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them. This information is presented for illustrative purposes only and does not constitute reimbursement or legal advice.