Click here to view the Aetna Medical Policy Updates » July 2022 Aetna Medical Policy…
April 2018 Medical Policy Updates:
NEW MEDICAL POLICIES:
- Balloon Dilation of the Eustachian Tube
REVISED MEDICAL POLICIES:
- Amniotic Membrane and Amniotic Fluid
- Anesthetics for the Treatment of Chronic Pain and Depression
- Bioengineered Skin and Soft Tissue Substitutes
- Magnetic Resonance‒Guided Focused Ultrasound
- Surgical and Non-surgical Treatment of Gynecomastia
- Treatment of Tinnitus
CLARIFICATIONS TO MEDICAL POLICIES:
- Adoptive Immunotherapy including CAR T-Cell Therapy
- Epidural Steroid Injections for Neck and Back Pain
- Expanded Molecular Panel Testing of Cancers to Identify Targeted Therapies
- Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation in the Treatment of Germ Cell Tumors
- Hip Resurfacing
- Non-Invasive Vascular Studies – Duplex Scans
- Preauthorization Request Form for Yescarta (axicabtagene cilleucel) Therapy
- Temporomandibular Joint Disorder
RETIRED MEDICAL POLICIES:
- Home Prothrombin Time Monitoring
Policy Alerts monitors Commercial and Medicare medical policies for changes. While Payers typically update medical policies annually, there are many reasons why a Payer might review or update a policy. When reviews occur out of cycle, they may go unnoticed. Policy Alerts keeps you informed of upcoming and unexpected coverage changes affecting your product. Quickly understanding the changes Payers make can help you adjust reimbursement strategies impacting your business.
Policy Alerts continuously monitors Commercial and Medicare Payer coverage information to keep you up-to-date on Payer decisions in real-time. Whenever changes occur, email notifications containing a summary of those changes are delivered to your inbox. Clients can access detailed coverage reports and medical policies on the interactive Dashboard portal. Save time and keep focused on the important Payer medical policy reviews and coverage decisions affecting your product!
Policy Alerts takes a client-focused hands-on approach and works hard to provide our customers with helpful insights and actionable analytics over raw data. We understand what our clients need and we are dedicated to making sure we provide timely, accurate and always up-to-date reports that can be used to implement and support a successful reimbursement strategy.
Health economic and reimbursement information provided by Policy Alerts is gathered from third-party sources and is subject to change without notice as a result of complex and frequently changing laws, regulations, rules and policies. This information is presented for illustrative purposes only and does not constitute reimbursement or legal advice.