Click here to view the Anthem BCBS Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical Policy Updates »…
March 2018 Medical Policy Updates:
- MP147 Artificial Intervertebral Disc – REVISED – (clarified Indication Language)
- MP171 Clinical Guideline Development, Implementation, and Review Process – REVISED – (clarified Language)
- MP237 Transurethral Radiofrequency Tissue Remodeling – REVISED – (Revised Title and Policy Language)
- MP252 Colon Motility Testing – REVISED – (clarified Exclusion Language)
- MP275 Speech Generating Devices – REVISED – (clarified Exclusion Language)
- MP316 High Intensity Focused Ultrasound – NEW POLICY
The following policies have been reviewed with no change to the policy section. Additional references or background information was added to support the current policy.
- MP184 Intracranial Percutaneous Transluminal Angioplasty
- MP192 Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy
- MP207 Corneal Hysteresis
- MP211 Endovascular Repair of Intracranial Aneurysms
- MP220 Epiretinal Radiation Therapy
- MP222 Intradiscal Biacuplasty
- MP223 Functional Anesthetic Discography
- MP231 Facet or Sacroiliac Joint Denervation
- MP235 Total Facet Arthroplasty
- MP238 Ocular Blood Flow Tonometer
- MP248 SNP’s To Predict Risk of Non-Familial Breast CA
- MP249 Bioimpedance Spectroscopy
- MP254 Tinnitus Treatment
- MP255 Comparative Genomic Hybridization for Evaluation of Developmental Delay
- MP264 Ventricular Assist Device (VAD)
- MP281 Bone Morphogenetic Protein
- MP282 Termination of Pregnancy
- MP285 Tonsillectomy
- MP286 Cholecystectomy
- MP303 Molecular Markers to Predict Thyroid FNA (Fine-Needle Aspiration)
- MP313 Environmental Lead Testing
Policy Alerts monitors Commercial and Medicare medical policies for changes. While Payers typically update medical policies annually, there are many reasons why a Payer might review or update a policy. When reviews occur out of cycle, they may go unnoticed. Policy Alerts keeps you informed of upcoming and unexpected coverage changes affecting your product. Quickly understanding the changes Payers make can help you adjust reimbursement strategies impacting your business.
Policy Alerts continuously monitors Commercial and Medicare Payer coverage information to keep you up-to-date on Payer decisions in real-time. Whenever changes occur, email notifications containing a summary of those changes are delivered to your inbox. Clients can access detailed coverage reports and medical policies on the interactive Dashboard portal. Save time and keep focused on the important Payer medical policy reviews and coverage decisions affecting your product!
Policy Alerts takes a client-focused hands-on approach and works hard to provide our customers with helpful insights and actionable analytics over raw data. We understand what our clients need and we are dedicated to making sure we provide timely, accurate and always up-to-date reports that can be used to implement and support a successful reimbursement strategy.
Health economic and reimbursement information provided by Policy Alerts is gathered from third-party sources and is subject to change without notice as a result of complex and frequently changing laws, regulations, rules and policies. This information is presented for illustrative purposes only and does not constitute reimbursement or legal advice.