Click here to view the Aetna Medical Policy Updates » February 2023 Aetna Medical Policy…
1. Bezlotoxumab (Zinplava) Injection– New ICD-10 Codes.
2. Bortezomib (Velcade®) Injection – New ICD-10 Codes.
3. Edaravone (Radicava) – New ICD-10 Codes.
4. Epidural Injections – Quarterly CPT/HCPCS coding update: added M48.061, M48.062.
5. Erythropoiesis Stimulating Agents – New ICD-10 Codes.
6. Fecal Microbiota Transplantation – Quarterly CPT/HCPCS coding update: deleted A04.7; added A04.71.
7. Hyperalimentation – Quarterly CPT/HCPCS update. Codes 0019U-0022U.
8. Imatinib Mesylate (Gleevec®) Tablets – New ICD-10 Codes.
9. Intravascular Brachytherapy for Prevention and Management of Restenosis after Percutaneous Transluminal Angioplasty (PTA) – Updated billing/coding information section.
10. Investigational Services – Quarterly CPT/HCPCS coding update: deleted K91.3.
11. Ixazomib (Ninlaro®) Capsule– New ICD-10 Codes.
12. Lenalidomide (Revlimid®) – – New ICD-10 Codes.
13. Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Spine (Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar) – Added information related to conservative therapy. Updated references.
14. Midostaurin (Rydapt) – New ICD-10 Codes.
15. Ocrelizumab (Ocrevus®) Infusion– New ICD-10 Codes.
16. Platelet-Derived Growth Factors and Autologous Blood-Derived Preparations (Platelet-Rich Plasma) – Annual ICD-10 update. L97 code ranges updated.
17. Pomalidomide (Pomalyst®) Capsule– New ICD-10 Codes.
18. Sacroiliac Joint Injections – Quarterly CPT/HCPCS coding update: deleted M48.06; added M48.061, M48.062.
19. Thalidomide (Thalomid®) Capsules – New ICD-10 Codes.
20. Thoracic Electrical Bioimpedance (TEB) – Quarterly CPT/HCPCS coding update: deleted I27.2; added I27.20, I27.21, I27.22, I27.23, I27.24, I27.29, I50.812, I50.813, I50.814, I50.82, I50.83, I50.84, I50.89.
21. Tumor/Genetic Markers – Quarterly CPT/HCPCS update; code 0018U added.
22. Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Inhibitors for Ocular Neovascularization – New ICD-10 Codes.
23. Verteporfin (Visudyne™) Injection – New ICD-10 Codes.
Policy Alerts monitors Commercial and Medicare medical policies for changes. While Payers typically update medical policies annually, there are many reasons why a Payer might review or update a policy. When reviews occur out of cycle, they may go unnoticed. Policy Alerts keeps you informed of upcoming and unexpected coverage changes affecting your product. Quickly understanding the changes Payers make can help you adjust reimbursement strategies impacting your business.
Policy Alerts continuously monitors Commercial and Medicare Payer coverage information to keep you up-to-date on Payer decisions in real-time. Whenever changes occur, email notifications containing a summary of those changes are delivered to your inbox. Clients can access detailed coverage reports and medical policies on the interactive Dashboard portal. Save time and keep focused on the important Payer medical policy reviews and coverage decisions affecting your product!
Policy Alerts takes a client-focused hands-on approach and works hard to provide our customers with helpful insights and actionable analytics over raw data. We understand what our clients need and we are dedicated to making sure we provide timely, accurate and always up-to-date reports that can be used to implement and support a successful reimbursement strategy.
Health economic and reimbursement information provided by Policy Alerts is gathered from third-party sources and is subject to change without notice as a result of complex and frequently changing laws, regulations, rules and policies. This information is presented for illustrative purposes only and does not constitute reimbursement or legal advice.