Click here to view the Anthem BCBS Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical Policy Updates »…
November 2017 Medical Policy updates:
- Biofeedback, EMG Biofeedback (PDF) Policy 2.01.09 (posted 11/6/17)
- Chelation Therapy (e.g., EDTA, Endrate, Desferal, BAL in oil, Cuprimine, Depen, Zinecard, Exjade, Post-chelator Challeng Urinary Metal Testing, Post-provocation urinary metal testing) (PDF) Policy 8.01.03 (posted 11/6/17)
- Computerized Motion Diagnostic Imaging (CMDI), Gait Analysis, Spinoscopy (PDF) Policy 2.01.13 (posted 11/6/17)
- Gas Permeable Scleral Contact Lens (e.g., Boston Ocular Surface Prosthesis, Prosthetic Replacement of the Ocular Surface Ecosystem [PROSE]) (PDF) Policy 9.01.17 (posted 11/6/17)
- Surgical Ventricular Restoration (SVR): DOR Procedure, Surgical Anterior Endocardial Restoration (SAVER), Ventricular Remodeling (PDF) Policy 7.01.71 (posted 11/6/17)
- Spinal Cord/Dorsal Column Stimulation (PDF) Policy 7.01.51 (posted 11/6/17)
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation (PDF) Policy 7.01.05 (posted 11/6/17)
- Noninvasive Measurement of Cardiac Bioimpedance: Impedance Cardiography (ICG), Thoracic Electrical Bioimpedance (TEB) (PDF) Policy 6.01.26 (posted 11/6/17)
- Extracorporeal Photochemotheraphy/Photopheresis (PDF) Policy 8.01.01 (posted 11/6/17)
- Home Uterine Activity Monitoring (HUAM) (PDF) Policy 1.01.13 (posted 11/6/17)
Policy Alerts monitors Commercial and Medicare medical policies for changes. While Payers typically update medical policies annually, there are many reasons why a Payer might review or update a policy. When reviews occur out of cycle, they may go unnoticed. Policy Alerts keeps you informed of upcoming and unexpected coverage changes affecting your product. Quickly understanding the changes Payers make can help you adjust reimbursement strategies impacting your business.
Policy Alerts continuously monitors Commercial and Medicare Payer coverage information to keep you up-to-date on Payer decisions in real-time. Whenever changes occur, email notifications containing a summary of those changes are delivered to your inbox. Clients can access detailed coverage reports and medical policies on the interactive Dashboard portal. Save time and keep focused on the important Payer medical policy reviews and coverage decisions affecting your product!
Policy Alerts takes a client-focused hands-on approach and works hard to provide our customers with helpful insights and actionable analytics over raw data. We understand what our clients need and we are dedicated to making sure we provide timely, accurate and always up-to-date reports that can be used to implement and support a successful reimbursement strategy.
Health economic and reimbursement information provided by Policy Alerts is gathered from third-party sources and is subject to change without notice as a result of complex and frequently changing laws, regulations, rules and policies. This information is presented for illustrative purposes only and does not constitute reimbursement or legal advice.