Click here to view the Cigna Medical Policy Updates » September 2022 Cigna Medical Policy…
December 2017 Medical Policy updates:
- Radiofrequency Facet Denervation (PDF) Policy 7.01.42 (posted 12/12/17)
- Viscosupplementation of the Knee for Osteoarthritis: Durolane, Euflexxa (formerly Nuflexxa), Gel-One, Gelsyn, Hyalgan, Hyaluronan, Intra-articular Injection, Monovisc, Nuflexxa, Orthovisc, Supartz, Synvisc, Synvisc One (PDF) Policy 7.01.02 (posted 12/12/17)
- Ophthalmologic Techniques for the Diagnosis of Glaucoma (Scanning Laser Polarimetry and Scanning Laser Ophthalmoscopy): GDx Imaging, Nerve Fiber Analysis, Heidelberg Retina Tomograph, Optomap (PDF) Policy 9.01.06 (posted 12/12/17)
- Chromosomal Microarray (CMA) Analysis for Prenatal Evaluation and Evaluation of Patients with Developmental Delay/ Intellectual Disability or Autism Spectrum Disorder (PDF) Policy 2.02.42 (posted 12/12/17)
- Genotyping – Targeted Therapy for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) (e.g., EGFR, ALK and KRAS) (PDF) Policy 2.02.35 (posted 12/12/17)
- Percutaneous Left Atrial Appendage Closure Devices: Amplatzer® Amulet, Amplatzer® cardiac plug, Implantable hemodynamic monitor, Lariat®, PLAATO, Watchman™ (PDF) Policy 7.01.92 (posted 12/12/17)
- Serum Antibodies for the Diagnosis of Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Anti-neutrophil Cytoplasmic antibodies, ANCA, ASCA, Serologic Markers (PDF) Policy 2.02.19 (posted 12/12/17)
- Lysis of Epidural Adhesions, Adhesiolysis, Epidurolysis,Neurolysis, Racz procedure (PDF) Policy 7.01.73 (posted 12/12/17)
- Topographic Brain Mapping (TBM), Brain Activity Mapping (PDF) Policy 2.01.22 (posted 12/12/17)
- Allergy Testing (Allergen Specific IgE, Allergen Specific IgG, Challenge, Cytotoxic, Dipstick, Disk, Intracutaneous, Intradermal, Leukocyte Histamine Release, Mucous Membrane, Paddle, Patch, Percutaneous, Phadiatop, Prick, Provocation-Neutralization, RAST, Rinkel, Scratch, Serial Endpoint Titration, Skin End Point Titration, Skin) (PDF) Policy 2.01.10 (posted 12/12/17)
- Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation (PDF) Policy 7.02.02 (posted 12/12/17)
- Autologous Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation, Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant (PDF) Policy 7.02.03 (posted 12/12/17)
- MRI Guided Focused Ultrasonic Tumor Ablation: MRgFUS, Exablate 2000 (PDF) Policy 4.01.09 (posted 12/12/17)
- Uterine Artery Occlusion in the Treatment of Uterine Fibroids: Uterine Artery/Fibroid Embolization (UAE/UFE), Uterine Artery Coagulation (PDF) Policy 4.01.04 (posted 12/12/17)
Policy Alerts monitors Commercial and Medicare medical policies for changes. While Payers typically update medical policies annually, there are many reasons why a Payer might review or update a policy. When reviews occur out of cycle, they may go unnoticed. Policy Alerts keeps you informed of upcoming and unexpected coverage changes affecting your product. Quickly understanding the changes Payers make can help you adjust reimbursement strategies impacting your business.
Policy Alerts continuously monitors Commercial and Medicare Payer coverage information to keep you up-to-date on Payer decisions in real-time. Whenever changes occur, email notifications containing a summary of those changes are delivered to your inbox. Clients can access detailed coverage reports and medical policies on the interactive Dashboard portal. Save time and keep focused on the important Payer medical policy reviews and coverage decisions affecting your product!
Policy Alerts takes a client-focused hands-on approach and works hard to provide our customers with helpful insights and actionable analytics over raw data. We understand what our clients need and we are dedicated to making sure we provide timely, accurate and always up-to-date reports that can be used to implement and support a successful reimbursement strategy.
Health economic and reimbursement information provided by Policy Alerts is gathered from third-party sources and is subject to change without notice as a result of complex and frequently changing laws, regulations, rules and policies. This information is presented for illustrative purposes only and does not constitute reimbursement or legal advice.